The word stevedoring originates from the Spanish word estivor – which means a casual worker and was the original name for those called in to help load and unload ships…
The Port of Køge is a competent supplier of all types of cargo management and stevedoring services, and several companies offers a variety of professional services in this area.
The ports workforce is made up of skilled and experienced people, who perform all types of services, such as stevedoring, warehouse activities, loading/unloading of containers, lashing, etc. Any cargo operation can be carried out at any time of day or night, and at short notice.
Port equipment includes:
- Three mobile cranes (hook and grab)
- Fantuzzi Regiane 65: can lift up to 40 tons, has a reach of 30 m and is a large hydraulic mobile crane, a
- Liebherr LH120: with a 22 m long arm and a movable cabin, that allows the driver to monitor the ship’s cargo hold.
- Sennebogen 85: with a movable cabin for the driver
- Lifting equipment for 20 and 40-foot containers.
- Loading/unloading capacity: up to 600 tons an hour for bulk goods.
- Weighbridges with a capacity up to 60 tons.
- Conveyor belt for grain loading and with a capacity of 300 tons per hour.
- Forklifts trucks with lifting capacities from two to 30 tons.
- Several Tug masters with a capacity of 30 tons.
- The port also has several Mafi trailers, front loaders, bob cats, etc., at its disposal.
Trucks, mobile cranes, and all kinds of construction machinery are also available in the vicinity and can be commissioned with competent drivers at short notice.
The industry always has certain maintenance and repair needs. The Port of Køge offers a broad range of companies and partners with extensive experience within all types of repairs to ships and equipment.
Please contact us if you have a specific requirement or browse the list of service companies in the port below.
Baltic Shipping Company A/S
Baltic kaj 1A, DK-4600 Køge, Danmark
T: +45 3996 0800
Holship Danmark A/S
Baltic Kaj 5 – DK-4600 Køge, Danmark
T: +45 5663 3377
Havnen 12 – DK-4600 Køge, Danmark
T: +45 5665 0006
F: +45 5665 2556
Wind Shipping Aps
Valdemarshaab 11 – DK- 4600 Køge, Danmark
T: +45 5663 1999
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com